How to Make Chinese White Sauce: Enjoy the World’s Most Diverse & Healthiest Cuisine at Your Home
It is not mandatory to be from China for appreciating how delicious Chinese food is. When most people eat Chinese food, they usually have it delivered from a local Chinese restaurant. However, it is really easy to make a fresh and delicious meal right in your own kitchen. Chinese white sauce is one of the yummiest Chinese items that can go best with different items. If you deeply in love with authentic Chinese foods, you will surely have some healthiest foods.
It is really tough now to find a high quality and purely authentic Chinese restaurants that follow the traditional way to cook Chinese foods and don’t use the saturated meats or fats that come with unhealthy toxins.
When it comes to Chinese cooking, there is so a number of great dishes that we can make. From appetizers to entrees and soups and noodles, the options are really endless. Not to mention, cooking Chinese from home allows us to see exactly what we’re eating, can help us eat healthier and give us a good hobby to work at and finally, it is really possible to make them in the authentic ways.
Use of Chinese white sauce
White sauce is not an independent dish but it is generally used to make other stir-fry recipes to make them more delicious or can be the base of many other Chinese sauces. This is known as the “master sauce” and you can add any ingredient to create your own much complex but tasty Chinese white sauce. To make the base of Chinese sauce, you need to have some basic ingredients like corn flour, chicken stock, and vegetables and you need to have some other items for seasoning your sauce like garlic or garlic.
This is actually a versatile item and comes with the culinary wow factor of Chinese cuisine. It can be used with many different Chinese dishes but goes right with the western dishes as well and they used mostly to add flavor in a boring dish.
This tongue-tingling sauce is perfect to add a twist in regular stir-fried veggies and goes deliciously well with broccoli as the vegetable is almost tasteless.
On your lunch or breakfast palate, you can add some almonds and baby corn and just mix them with tasty white sauce to excite your taste buds. These are just a few examples but by searching online or believing on your own personal taste, you can really make something unique with the Chinese white sauce.
The basic recipe for making the white sauce is the same but you can add some twists into it. Let’s find out some popular recipes of Chinese white sauce.
Recipe of Chinese white sauce with vegetable stock
- Needed Ingredients for the sauce
- Have some stained vegetable stock (3 cups)
- Finely chopped half cup onions
- Grated ginger or chop them finely (one table spoon)
- Corn flour, the must-have ingredient for Chinese white sauce (three table spoon)
- Oil (one table spoon), Chinese foods are healthy because they use less oil to cook
- Garlic (two table spoon)
- Salt as per your taste
- Sugar (just a pinch)
- First, combine the vegetable stock and corn flour in a mixing bowl, mix it properly
- Take a non-stick pan and set your gas on a medium heat. Heat the oil into it. Now add the ginger, garlic and finely chopped onions and sauté for one minute on high flame.
- Now add that mixture of stock and cornflour into the sauté vegetables and add salt and sugar in it. Mix them well and cook for another five minutes. Stir them continuously as you are cooking on high flame to avoid the chance of burning.
- According to the recipe, it will contain 119 calories only, 2.3 grams fiber and 5.6 grams fat and the recipe is completely free from cholesterol.
- It contains also a good amount of vitamin A, B and Vitamin C and folic acid.
- It contains essential minerals also like potassium, calcium, iron and zinc.
Another recipe to try
- Vegetable stock
- Cooking wine
- Soy sauce
- Garlic and ginger
- Peanut oil
This white sauce recipe is best to try for those who love to makes it a little bit of spicy.
How to make:
- Make the stock first. You can use the chicken or vegetable stock, as per your choice (by boiling veggies or chicken with herbs, stain it well)
- Use cornstarch to thicken your sauce and make a liquid with water and cornstarch
- Use only the rice wine
- Mince some fresh ginger and garlic. Add peanut oil (one teaspoon) in the pan and add the minced garlic and ginger and cook in medium flame.
- Stir them for one minute and it will spice up your sauce and will give it more flavors.
- Be careful and don’t overcook the spices because bunt species will ruin the taste of white sauce completely.
- Take two teaspoons of cornstarch and the same amount of water to make the slurry and it will give the sauce more consistency.
- Mix well the other ingredients in a deep bowl
use ¾ cup of vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 ½ tablespoons of rice wine (use only for authentic Chinese dishes)
- Add soy sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Add sugar (just pinch of)
- Mix well all of the ingredients and add the mixture to the properly cooked spices in the pan. Cook for some time to boil the sauce.
- Once the liquid is boiling, mix the slurry of cornstarch into it and stir properly
- Cook for more 5 to ten minutes and you will find that your white sauce thickens beautifully. Remove it from the gas and serve with vegetables or just dip your chicken dumplings in it.
Now your sauce is ready to serve and you can enjoy it with sired fried vegetables, noodles, Chinese fried rice or many more and it will surely add some flavor and taste to your dish.